- Why Accessibility is a Vital Part of SaaS Innovation
By Andy Mura (Feb 2, 2017)
Go to Medium
- "And most importantly, you need to know where we’re headed and what trends are currently shaping user experience because things are moving fast and falling behind means losing customers over competition, revenue and eventually your business."
- "A positive User Experience is primarily connected to Accessibility and this has nothing to do with how user-friendly your interface is."
- Banking Needs a Customer Experience Wake-Up Call
By Jim Marous (Feb 6, 2017)
Go to The Financial Brand
- "Move focus of digital engagement from cost reduction to experience enhancement."
- "In fact, in a recent J.D. Power, survey, the largest banking organizations improved in overall customer satisfaction, while midsize banks declined and regional banks plateaued. This was attributed primarily to improved mobile and online satisfaction."
- Learn to Create Accessible Websites with the Principles of Universal Design
By Ruby Zheng (Feb 17, 2017)
Go to Interaction Design Foundation
- "Accessibility is not the first item we consider when we start designing a website. It is often a hidden need that we don't think about until something goes wrong."
- "In general, companies and federal agencies are accountable to provide equal access to all users. Besides legal matters, accessibility can benefit your users and also improve the brand of your product."
- Web accessibility - It's good for everyone.
by Nicolas Steenhout (Feb 22, 2017)
Go to LinkedIn
- "Web accessibility benefits everyone...Many of the barriers encountered by people with disabilities on the web are also problematic for people without disabilities."
- "Curb cuts help wheelchair users. But they also help parents pushing strollers, kids on skates, or tradesmen pulling dollies loaded with tools or goods. The reality is that accessibility...helps a wide variety of people, with and without impairments."
Court Says Settlement Agreement Does Not Bar Later Website Accessibility Lawsuit by a Different Plaintiff
By Kristina Launey, Minh Vu (Feb 1, 2017)
Go to JD Supra
- "Both lawsuits contained the same basic set of facts and legal claims, and sought similar relief—modification of the website to make it accessible to, and useable by, individuals with disabilities."
- "The court’s straightforward application of res judicata principles is not surprising, and even less so because there is no indication that Party City had committed to making its website accessible in the confidential settlement agreement—the relief sought in the Pennsylvania case."
ADA Title III Lawsuits Increase by 37 Percent in 2016
By Minh Vu, Kristina M. Launey & Susan Ryan (Jan 23, 2017)
Go to ADA Title III
- "In 2016, 6,601 ADA Title III lawsuits were filed in federal court — 1,812 more than in 2015. This 37 percent increase continues the upward trend in the number of filings, which we’ve been tracking since 2013."
Thousands to Attend CSUN’s 32nd Annual Conference on Assistive Technology
San Diego, CA (Feb 27, 2017)
Go to CSUN
- "Thousands of people from around the globe are expected to return to San Diego later this month to participate in the world’s largest event dedicated to presenting and exploring new ways technology can assist people with disabilities."
More than 1bn YouTube videos have automated captions
By Lisa Lacy (Feb 16, 2017)
Go to The Drum
- "The number of YouTube videos with automatic captions now exceeds 1bn – and consumers watch videos with said captions more than 15m times per day, the platform said."
- "In addition, Kaver noted YouTube has made great strides in terms of the numbers of videos with captions, as well as in the accuracy of those captions. This doesn’t just benefit consumers watching videos without sound, but also those who are deaf or hard of hearing."
Building Inclusive VR Experiences
By Chris Gallello (Jan 30, 2017)
Go to Virtual Reality Pop
- "Whose responsibility is it to build for diverse audiences?"
- "And I hope it will also help developers who may not be familiar with building for diversity and inclusivity to understand where and how they will need to adapt their process. As long as we keep talking, the creators will listen."
11 Trends Shaping The Future Of Retail
By Brian Solis (Feb 15, 2017)
Go to Forbes
- "Understand social commerce and design targeted initiatives that drive shared experiences, reviews and referrals online."
- "Explore new technologies to re-imagine the in-store/online experience blurring the lines between digital/brick-and-mortar."